How To Get People To Like You
(Norman Vincent Peale)
WE MIGHT AS well admit it, we want to people to like us.
You may hear someone say, I don?t care whether people like me or not. But whenever you hear anyone say that just put it down as a fact that he is not really telling the truth.
The basic principles of getting people to like you need no prolonged and labored emphasis, for they are very simple and easily illustrate their own truth. However, list ten practical rules for getting the esteem of others. The soundness of these principles has been demonstrated innumerable times. Practice them until you become expert at them and people will like you.
1. Learn to remember names. Inefficiency at this point may indicate that your interest is not sufficiently outgoing. A man?s name is very important to him.
2. Be a comfortable person so there is no strain in being with you- be an old-shoe, old-hat kind of individual. Be homey.
3. Acquire the quality of relaxed easy-goingness so that things do not ruffle you.
4. Don?t be egotistical. Guard against giving the impression that you know it all. Be natural and normally humble.
5. Cultivate the quality of being interesting so that people will want to be with you and get something of stimulating value from their association with you.
6. Study to get the scratchy elements out of your personality, even those of which you may be unconscious.
7. Sincerely attempt to heal, on an honest, every misunderstanding you have had or now have. Drain of your grievances.
8. Practice liking people until you Learn to do so genuinely. Remember what Will Roger said, I never met a man I didn?t like. Try to be that way.
9. Never miss an opportunity to say a word of congratulation upon anyone?s achievement, or express sympathy in sorrow or disappointment.
10. Get a deep spiritual experience so that you have something to give people that will help them to be stronger and meet life more effectively. Give strength to people and they will give affection to you.
- Life Says Impossible?????????
- The Holy Bible
- Vertigo Y Futuro
- The Angel Sweet